Katt on VACATION (yeah right)

Travelling along the highways and biways, Willie Nelson on my mind...actually, food and sleep on my mind. Do they really think I'll stay in this stupid basket they have for me? And just wait till they try to get me into a hotel!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Day 17, Elvis and Dead People



Well, here I am with my big, backyard fish. I haven't scoped out the lobster yet...maybe tomorrow. If only I could find a tuna this big!!




Since they are in the West now, this is what he makes her cook dinner in/on. It takes her FOREVER to get MY dinner!





And just for Lisa, they found the "Elvis in the Desert Chapel". Actually, it was a movie prop for such oldies as Gunsmoke, Rifleman, Wanted Dead or Alive, but they also filmed Elvis' only Western, Charro, there. All the other buildings burned in 2004, the the chapel was saved! Elvis LIVES.










They were also telling me about the Arizona Science Center they visited. The special exhibition was the Gunther von Hagens' "Bodyworld" exhibit. She told me it was a very odd experience, examining the musculo-skeleten remains. On the one hand, it was an awesome view to the inside workings of the body. On the other, she felt that Dr. von Hagens tiptoed a very fine line between anatomical teaching and artistic rendition. Nonetheless, everyone (and it was VERY crowded) was most respectful of the bodies. For her, it was somewhat a sad experience, knowing that these were very real people. No gum or photographs allowed. (Must not allow gum because someone might stick it on one of the exhibits and it might be mistaken for a tonsil or something.) However, here is a photo of the donar card, if anyone wants more information and is an exhibitionist at heart.

2 Comments:

Blogger Skiingred said...

Elvis rocks!

Sounds like you are living the life! Better check out Lisa's blog to see what Duncan is dealing with -- snow snow ice and more snow!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Design Goddess said...

Sounds like the folks are making the rounds in AZ. I saw the Bodyworlds exhibit in Cleveland. Our design Professor actually made it a requirement! The only exhibits we didn't look at were the unborn children. Couldn't stand the thought of that. Otherwise, very fascinating!

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home